Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire FAC052G7A1 A/C Unit or manual

Unit is A Frigidaire FAC052G7A1 Window A/C
Anyone know of or have one of there own?
What I am needing to know if this unit is the kind that is not
supposed to have a drain hole in it.
I could not find a manual on line.
There are a few metal plugs in the bottom and one is removed, and
water is dripping out pretty good, and leaking on to the porch, and
running down into the garage.
Maybe someone removed the plug and was not supposed to.
I understand most of the units today do not rely on a drain hole,
instead ,
the water is supposed to stay in the bottom pan and get slung by the
fan on to the coil's helping to cool them .
Either that or I have to make some type of PVC drain system to divert
the water.
Thanks, Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair

In some humid areas of the world, the "slinger ring" doesn't provide
much extra cooling. I have two AC, and both of them I've drilled my
own drain holes. They both work fine. I'd suggest to start building a
drain.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Unit is A Frigidaire FAC052G7A1 Window A/C
Anyone know of or have one of there own?
What I am needing to know if this unit is the kind that is not
supposed to have a drain hole in it.
I could not find a manual on line.
There are a few metal plugs in the bottom and one is removed, and
water is dripping out pretty good, and leaking on to the porch, and
running down into the garage.
Maybe someone removed the plug and was not supposed to.
I understand most of the units today do not rely on a drain hole,
instead ,
the water is supposed to stay in the bottom pan and get slung by the
fan on to the coil's helping to cool them .
Either that or I have to make some type of PVC drain system to divert
the water.
Thanks, Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 26, 10:06*am, " wrote:
Unit is A Frigidaire FAC052G7A1 Window A/C
Anyone know of or have one of there own?
What I am needing to know if this unit is the kind that is not
supposed to have a drain hole in it.
I could not find a manual on line.
There are a few metal plugs in the bottom and one is removed, and
water is dripping out pretty good, and leaking on to the porch, and
running down into the garage.
Maybe someone removed the plug and was not supposed to.
I understand most of the units today do not rely on a drain hole,
instead ,
the water is supposed to stay in the bottom pan and get slung by the
fan on to the coil's helping to cool them .
Either that or I have to make some type of PVC drain system to divert
the water.
Thanks, Tony

Buy a pack of chewing gum, chew a couple of sticks, and use that to
plug the whole to see if the slinger works or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
I understand most of the units today do not rely on a drain hole,
instead ,
the water is supposed to stay in the bottom pan and get slung by the
fan on to the coil's helping to cool them .
Either that or I have to make some type of PVC drain system to divert
the water.
Thanks, Tony

Correct, but in very humid weather they sometimes still drip. If it is a
problem, run a drain line. PVC or any soft easy to work with tubing is just
fine.