Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. How to mix yellow, cyan, magenta refill ink to get black/brown?

I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
"hr(bob) " wrote:

I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

Equal proportions of each will yield black.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 9:51*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. *Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

I dont think you can all you will get is a mess, Black is black ,
google making brown paint. cyan and magenta are in the blue range but
have at it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:51:43 -0700, hr(bob) wrote:

I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

If equal parts doesn't do it nothing will.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buy ALL of these $600 will send you a sheet of EVERYTHING listed
raveATusit.net

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/bfs/1802359724.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 18, 3:51*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. *Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

You will not get black. That's why there's a separate black cartridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote

You will not get black. That's why there's a separate black cartridge.

It was not always like that. Check out an HP500C printer that had only one
cartridge. It was not a true black, but "close enough" for most people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"harry" wrote

You will not get black. That's why there's a separate black cartridge.

It was not always like that. Check out an HP500C printer that had only one
cartridge. It was not a true black, but "close enough" for most people.

It's the difference between theory and practice. Nevertheless, the OP is
trying to forge black from what he has available. Equal proportions are
his best/only option and he gets what he gets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 18, 7:22*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"harry" wrote

You will not get black. *That's why there's a separate black cartridge.

It was not always like that. *Check out an HP500C printer that had only one
cartridge. *It was not a true black, but "close enough" for most people.

It's the difference between theory and practice. Nevertheless, the OP is
trying to forge black from what he has available. Equal proportions are
his best/only option and he gets what he gets.

No-one has been able to come up with the absolutely true RYB colour
pigments. That's why when you mix them you will only ever be able to
get a mucky brown at best. Nowhere near black.
It all stems from the subtractive and additive colour combinations.
Also what pigments can be manufactured.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"harry" wrote in message
On Jul 18, 7:22 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"harry" wrote

You will not get black. That's why there's a separate black
cartridge.

It was not always like that. Check out an HP500C printer that had only
one
cartridge. It was not a true black, but "close enough" for most
people.

It's the difference between theory and practice. Nevertheless, the OP is
trying to forge black from what he has available. Equal proportions are
his best/only option and he gets what he gets.

No-one has been able to come up with the absolutely true RYB colour
pigments. That's why when you mix them you will only ever be able to
get a mucky brown at best. Nowhere near black.
It all stems from the subtractive and additive colour combinations.
Also what pigments can be manufactured.

That is why lithographic printing also uses four colors for color
photographs in newspapers, magazines and books. Years ago they tried three
color printing but the results were never good, and only used in some
newspapers because they didn't have the printing capability for 4 colors.
Coffee table books often use a 6 color process to enhance the color because
even the 4 color process cannot reproduce all colors accurately.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:17:17 -0400, EXT wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

On Jul 18, 7:22 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"harry" wrote

[...]

My old Canon Bubble-Jet printer, one of the first color consumer ink
printers had 4 colors and could print black pretty decent. Sharp's new
LCD TV the Quadra or something like that, uses 4 colors over the
traditional RGB scheme.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 18, 11:25*am, "
wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. *Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

I've done fabric dyeing using similar base colors but I'm sure the
pigments are different. *In my color samples, I have a nice reddish
brown that uses 1 part yellow, 7 parts cyan and 12 parts magenta.

With ink, I'd start with a few drops of yellow, add magenta a drop at a
time to get a medium orange, and then try adding the cyan. *Count drops
for each and then multiply.

This is the best suggestion, I'll try it using / counting drops. I'll
mix in some real black if it looks too bad. I just hatre to throw
away half-full bottles of colored ink that I won't use because I
bought too much as part of a package.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 19, 6:35*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jul 18, 11:25*am, "
wrote:

hr(bob) wrote:
I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. *Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

I've done fabric dyeing using similar base colors but I'm sure the
pigments are different. *In my color samples, I have a nice reddish
brown that uses 1 part yellow, 7 parts cyan and 12 parts magenta.

With ink, I'd start with a few drops of yellow, add magenta a drop at a
time to get a medium orange, and then try adding the cyan. *Count drops
for each and then multiply.

This is the best suggestion, I'll try it using / counting drops. *I'll
mix in some real black if it looks too bad. *I just hatre to throw
away half-full bottles of colored ink that I won't use because I
bought too much as part of a package.

Don't worry. Hang on to it. It wll come in eventually.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

news

"harry" wrote in message

On Jul 18, 7:22 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"harry" wrote

[...]

Red, Green, Blue (RGB) is used for transmitted or projected color used in
slides, films, television.
Yellow, Magenta [red], Cyan [blue] and Black (YMCK) are used for reflective
color as used in litho printing, or any color on a solid substrate where
light is reflected.