Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default O.T. How to mix yellow, cyan, magenta refill ink to get black/brown?

In article
,
"hr(bob) " wrote:

On Jul 18, 11:25*am, "
wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from
refilling inkjet cartridges. *Any idea of the proportions of each I
should mix to get brown/black ink?

I've done fabric dyeing using similar base colors but I'm sure the
pigments are different. *In my color samples, I have a nice reddish
brown that uses 1 part yellow, 7 parts cyan and 12 parts magenta.

With ink, I'd start with a few drops of yellow, add magenta a drop at a
time to get a medium orange, and then try adding the cyan. *Count drops
for each and then multiply.

This is the best suggestion, I'll try it using / counting drops. I'll
mix in some real black if it looks too bad. I just hatre to throw
away half-full bottles of colored ink that I won't use because I
bought too much as part of a package.

No, it isn't the best suggestion. It's b.s. The best suggestion is to
use equal proportions. This isn't research, for christ's sake. Color
theory is an established science.