Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humor - Free Clock - For Repair?

Sometimes one gets a giggle from Craigslist.

--- begin quote

FREE CLOCK

I bought this stupid clock on E-Bay for my 86-year old aunt, because she is
getting confused. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until it arrived that you
have to manually change everything, every day, except the time.

Every day. Push three buttons. If you forget for a day, or only push two
buttons, the large, black and white read-out that is so easy to read, is
wrong. I found it made her even more confused. If the stupid clock said
something, she believed it. I would call her up and tell her what day it is
and she would argue with me, because her stupid clock said something
different.

Stupid clock. I bought her a new one that automatically changes every day.

This stupid, battery operated clock is free to whomever wants it. You will
find it easier to work in harmony with it if you are a fairly cognizant
person. On the other hand, if you ... want to drive your family crazy, this
is the PERFECT clock for you.

--- end quote
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/1836735715.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
[...]

That look like a good start for a Rube Goldberg contraption. Just
add some weird, long winded gizmo to push the right buttons at the right
time.

O.T. somewhat Old Chime /Clock Door Bell Repair Chris Home Repair 15 March 18th 13 04:48 PM
Clock veneer repair Fred Woodworking 4 December 5th 06 12:33 AM
Help with Digital Alarm Clock Radio "repair" DMF Electronics Repair 6 January 14th 05 10:07 PM
Help - 1960's vintage quartz clock in need of repair Hannahblot Electronics Repair 10 November 25th 04 09:40 AM
Repair humor Active8 Electronics Repair 36 September 27th 04 07:00 AM