Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where do you get replacement leaf baggers for your yard blower/vacuum

Where can we get a yard blower/vacuum bag that has a long STEEL zipper?

My 2-stroke Echo yard blower/vacuum came with a leaf bag that has too short
of a nylon zipper which was a pain to use even when new.

The zipper didn't even open the whole bag so it was difficult to empty.
When that nylon zipper broke (it wouldn't zip anymore), I replaced the bag
with a Yardman electric bag because I gave up on the electric
blower/vacuum.

Now the Yardman bag won't zip due to the nylon zipper being all destroyed.
This is only after about 8 months of use.

What do you use for your leaf blower/vacuum bag? Does YOUR nylon zipper
break too?

Where can I get a bag that will have a stronger longer zipper? Any ideas?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill Horn wrote:
Where can we get a yard blower/vacuum bag that has a long STEEL
zipper?

My 2-stroke Echo yard blower/vacuum came with a leaf bag that has too
short of a nylon zipper which was a pain to use even when new.

The zipper didn't even open the whole bag so it was difficult to
empty. When that nylon zipper broke (it wouldn't zip anymore), I
replaced the bag with a Yardman electric bag because I gave up on the
electric blower/vacuum.

Now the Yardman bag won't zip due to the nylon zipper being all
destroyed. This is only after about 8 months of use.

What do you use for your leaf blower/vacuum bag? Does YOUR nylon
zipper break too?

Where can I get a bag that will have a stronger longer zipper? Any
ideas?

Lubing the zipper by rubbing it with wax (a candle?) might make them last
longer.

I like the way the bag works on my old snapper mower. Stiffeners make it fold
up[ quickly, then slide on a tubular plastic "closer"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:00:20 -0700, Bob F wrote:
I like the way the bag works on my old snapper mower. Stiffeners make it fold
up[ quickly, then slide on a tubular plastic "closer"

Did you dirty your baq?

Dirty bags will wear zippers. Wash bag after every use and stay away from
dirt and sticks that can harm bag.

Then the bag won't not wear and last forever!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill Horn"
wrote in message ...
Where can we get a yard blower/vacuum bag that has a long STEEL
zipper?

Where can I get a bag that will have a stronger longer zipper?
Any ideas?

We've had a suitcase with nylon zipper break. Though it's not a
vac/blower bag, the though would be similar. In our case, a local
shoe repair shop furnished and sewed in a metallic zipper to
replace the broken nylon one. You might try calling shoe repair
shops and asking about the zipper replacement.

Nonny

--
On most days,
it's just not worth

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill Horn wrote:
Where can we get a yard blower/vacuum bag that has a long STEEL zipper?

My 2-stroke Echo yard blower/vacuum came with a leaf bag that has too short
of a nylon zipper which was a pain to use even when new.

The zipper didn't even open the whole bag so it was difficult to empty.
When that nylon zipper broke (it wouldn't zip anymore), I replaced the bag
with a Yardman electric bag because I gave up on the electric
blower/vacuum.

Now the Yardman bag won't zip due to the nylon zipper being all destroyed.
This is only after about 8 months of use.

What do you use for your leaf blower/vacuum bag? Does YOUR nylon zipper
break too?

Where can I get a bag that will have a stronger longer zipper? Any ideas?

If you have a failed bag to steal the tube end from, your local
tent/awning company can whip you up whatever you want. Or maybe they can
re-zipper a brand new bag for you, with their big industrial sewing
machine. You don't want bare steel- it will rust. Something plated, and
you will need to keep it waxed, just like the metal zipper on a military
winter parka.

I tried the vacum bag setup that came with my Toro electric blower. Even
when brand new, it was useless, and would only pick up 2-3 leaves at a
time. Faster to pick them up by hand. Only keeping it to include with
the blower when I have my 'moving away' yard sale, since I doubt the
blower will be worth shipping by then. (Not bad for an electric blower-
I even use it to clear dry powdery snow if it isn't too deep.)

--
aem sends...