Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window Air

Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little
nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I
also have the space between the sashes covered. The only way they can
get in is through the intake outside and through the other side into the
room. I tape a screen over the intakes outside and this year I put a
screen over the cooling vents. One nit fly so far.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little nit
flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I also
have the space between the sashes covered. The only way they can get in is
through the intake outside and through the other side into the room. I
tape a screen over the intakes outside and this year I put a screen over
the cooling vents. One nit fly so far.

I've had different brands an never had that problem with any of them

Posted to alt.home.repair

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little nit
flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I also
have the space between the sashes covered. The only way they can get in is
through the intake outside and through the other side into the room. I
tape a screen over the intakes outside and this year I put a screen over
the cooling vents. One nit fly so far.

Lately I need to modify and "fix" things like this so they work properly.
I've put my own screen over things like this to prevent similar problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:53:31 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little
nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I
also have the space between the sashes covered. The only way they can
get in is through the intake outside and through the other side into the
room. I tape a screen over the intakes outside and this year I put a
screen over the cooling vents. One nit fly so far.

Can they come in through a drip/drain hose?
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote:
Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little
nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or
bottom. I also have the space between the sashes covered. The only
way they can get in is through the intake outside and through the
other side into the room. I tape a screen over the intakes outside
and this year I put a screen over the cooling vents. One nit fly so
far.

My window unit (it cools only the bedroom - installing it cut my power bill
by 2/3rds) has no path for that noxious "outside air."

If yours has an "fresh air" setting, turn it off. In the alternative, I
suppose you could jury-rig a filter on the output side.