Posted to alt.home.repair

Default diminished water pressure after repair

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

Had a drip from an angle stop under the kitchen sink, so I bought a new
1/4 turn valve and hose to go with it. See link for pic. All's well
except the pressure at the faucet is now reduced enough that the faucet
won't quite switch from stream to spray. I timed the faucet on full cold
and then again on full hot, filling a pitcher, and they seem the same.
Maybe the hot was faster before the repair: I don't know.

I actually bought two stops and two hoses, intending to do the cold
also, so I've examined the uninstalled new parts and I don't see
anything that looks like a flow restrictor. Ideas?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/1t.jpg

Thanks to those who offered up suggestions. I finally got around to
taking the faucet apart. Never figured out what was really wrong, but
taking the thing apart and putting it back together again solved the
problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 3:25*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
*Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

NICE
EVERYONE HERE NOW KNOWS YOU ARE AN IDIOT
YOU HAVE THE WRONG SPEEDY HOSE ON YOUR HOT WATER AS WELL
DON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN IT BURST OPEN SOMETIME MID-SUMMER

I AM PROTEUS