Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Acrylic windows

On Jun 18, 1:00*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/17/2010 4:52 AM Jean spake thus:

"cavedweller" wrote in message

Are these more or less double hung style, or are you talking about
jalousie windows?

Perhaps like this?http://www.weatherwallsystems.com/productinfo.htm

Yup, those are the type of windows that I'm talking about - good find!

So now we see. So tell us, is the material the same kind of sheet vinyl
you'd buy in the hardward store, or is it thicker? Seems like it'd have
to be thicker than just the thin sheet, since they clain that it can
withstand "that grandchild [that] just fell against it again". How thick
would you say the material is?

.....as the website says, 12 mils.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 6/17/2010 4:52 AM Jean spake thus:

"cavedweller" wrote in message

Are these more or less double hung style, or are you talking about
jalousie windows?

Perhaps like this? http://www.weatherwallsystems.com/productinfo.htm

Yup, those are the type of windows that I'm talking about - good find!

So now we see. So tell us, is the material the same kind of sheet vinyl
you'd buy in the hardward store, or is it thicker? Seems like it'd have to
be thicker than just the thin sheet, since they clain that it can
withstand "that grandchild [that] just fell against it again". How thick
would you say the material is?

To go back to my original post, I'm thinking about replacing the vinyl panes
with acrylic panes (for easier cleaning, better sound and temperature
insulation). And I'd like to know from anyone has experience with the
acrylic panes whether they are fairly scratch resistant.

Jean

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 19, 10:35*am, "Jean" wrote:
[...]