Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central A/C problems

Hi,

I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a
nutshell.

Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and
seems to be functioning properly. We have cold air coming out of the
diffusers, but barely any air with virtually no pressure.

The filter is clean. The problem came on suddenly.

What could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a
nutshell.

Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and
seems to be functioning properly. We have cold air coming out of the
diffusers, but barely any air with virtually no pressure.

The filter is clean. The problem came on suddenly.

What could be wrong.

Blower motor quit or start relay to it failed, perhaps...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sadly, that's not enough detail to be useful. One option comes to mind
is frozen up evaporator, but it could be so many other things. Bad
blower motor, bad capacitor, duct problem, vents blocked, low freon,
voltage fluctuations, and on and on with the options.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a
nutshell.

Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and
seems to be functioning properly. We have cold air coming out of the
diffusers, but barely any air with virtually no pressure.

The filter is clean. The problem came on suddenly.

What could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Posted to alt.home.repair

The "cold coils" part inside the house is probably frozen and blocking the
airflow. Turn off the A/C, and turn on just the fan. See if the air starts
blowing full force in about an hour. Then turn the A/C back on.

The above will "defrost" the coils.

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a
nutshell.

Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and
seems to be functioning properly. We have cold air coming out of the
diffusers, but barely any air with virtually no pressure.

The filter is clean. The problem came on suddenly.

What could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Posted to alt.home.repair

It sounds like the blower motor unit.

Frank Lardino

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 9:04*pm, "Grumpy" wrote:
Dogone *have you charged the battery I bet you did not Mmm

Ah; Grumpy ................. but which battery?

Signed Dopey.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 1:09*pm, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a
nutshell.

Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and
seems to be functioning properly. We have cold air coming out of the
diffusers, but barely any air with virtually no pressure.

The filter is clean. The problem came on suddenly.

What could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Can you look at the AC coil, its probably frozen so let it thaw, time
for the AC man.