Posted to alt.home.repair
sid sid is offline

Default Drop ceiling around ductwork.

I have to design a transition to flatten out some ductwork to go under
a support beam in my basement. This will bring this square section
down below the level of the drop ceiling. Where the drop section meets
the ductwork, can I just screw the angle bracket for the edge of the
drop ceiling right to the ductwork ?
Would you be afraid of the duct work getting cold and condensation
forming on the duct and on the angle bracket ?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

I would not fasten ceiling grid to ductwork. The prime reason
would be vibration. Any penetrations in duct work, no matter how
well sealed, are NO-Nod's.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"sid" wrote in message
I have to design a transition to flatten out some ductwork to go
under
a support beam in my basement. This will bring this square
section
down below the level of the drop ceiling. Where the drop section
meets
the ductwork, can I just screw the angle bracket for the edge of
the
drop ceiling right to the ductwork ?
Would you be afraid of the duct work getting cold and
condensation
forming on the duct and on the angle bracket ?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"sid" wrote in message
I have to design a transition to flatten out some ductwork to go under
a support beam in my basement. This will bring this square section
down below the level of the drop ceiling. Where the drop section meets
the ductwork, can I just screw the angle bracket for the edge of the
drop ceiling right to the ductwork ?
Would you be afraid of the duct work getting cold and condensation
forming on the duct and on the angle bracket ?

Thanks

DO NOT screw anything to the ducts....HTH...