Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI breaker on hardwired pool pump?

My understanding is that code now requires a GFCI on hardwired
residential pool pumps? I'm going to be doing some modification work
on an existing circuit, essentially adding an additional electronic
pump controller that would work in conjunction with the existing
mechanical timer. It will be inspected and AFAIK, this means I need
to replace the existing breaker with a GFCI, correct? Pumps in
question are two 1hp 240V pumps.