Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Snake oil water softener

Bob-tx wrote:
I heard a radio ad for this water softener product, and checked it
out.

....2nd posting in three days...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 8:19*pm, "Bob-tx" wrote:
I heard a radio ad for this water softener product, and checked it
out.

It smells a lot like snake oil to me, and at a high price.
Anyone have any experience or opinion?
Thanks, Bob-tx

http://www.easywater.com/howitworks.aspx

The technical papers I have read from UCSD & some U back east
(Drexel?) support the science BUT multiple passes work best.

imo single pass would be of limited effectiveness & really lend itself
to a home installation.

There are very expensive, large (2" to 16"+) units for commercial apps
but these depend on a recirculating systems (think cooling tower) and
a means to remove precipitated hardness (CaCO3)

I might give one a try on a DIY install on a water heater recirc loop
but not at $850.
The most I'd risk is more like $200.

If you;re really interested, ask them about a hot water install with
a recirc loop, if they have a trial (money back guarantee) and offer
them less than full price. $850 is nuts.
..
If you buy with a credit card & have a money back guarantee, it's
really easy to get your bank (or American Express) to yank back your
payment.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

I might give one a try on a DIY install on a water heater recirc loop
but not at $850.
The most I'd risk is more like $200.

If you;re really interested, ask them about a hot water install with
a recirc loop, if they have a trial (money back guarantee) and offer
them less than full price. $850 is nuts.

Especially since you can buy a real water softener for much less than that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I think he sells them. My guess is he just wants people to go to the web
site and possibly belived the BS and buy one. This has been posted in the

Posted to alt.home.repair

.
If you buy with a credit card & have a money back guarantee, it's
really easy to get your bank (or American Express) to yank back your
payment.

cheers
Bob

What I dope ......... I fell for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:19:37 -0600, "Bob-tx"
wrote:

I heard a radio ad for this water softener product, and checked it
out.

It smells a lot like snake oil to me, and at a high price.
Anyone have any experience or opinion?
Thanks, Bob-tx

http://www.easywater.com/howitworks.aspx

Great product for the seller, but not too good for the buyer. I'll
put it on the same level as the "gasoline miser" and "laundry
doughnut."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Great product for the seller, but not too good for the buyer. I'll
put it on the same level as the "gasoline miser" and "laundry
doughnut."

I used Google, but couldn't find any reference to "laundry doughnuts/" What
are they?

--
Bobby G.