Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What temperature can corrugated plastic withstand?

I'm building a smallish incubator, which I want to hold at 100 degrees
for several hours and want to know whether corrugated plastic ( aka
'Coroplast' ) can withstand that temp.?

My attempts at a search haven't come up with this information and your
help will be appreciated.

TIA.

Lewis

*****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 29, 12:25*pm, Frank wrote:
On 5/29/2010 1:01 PM, wrote:

I'm building a smallish incubator, which I want to hold at 100 degrees
for several hours and want to know whether corrugated plastic ( aka
'Coroplast' ) can withstand that temp.?

My attempts at a search haven't come up with this information and your
help will be appreciated.

TIA.

Lewis

*****

This may help:

http://www.coroplast.com/resin.htm

It should easily accept your end use, assuming you're talking 100 deg.
Fahrenheit.

Thanks, guys, you have been very helpful.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

*****
Posted to alt.home.repair

Coroplast is used to make signs that sit out in direct sunlight here
in South Florida. 100 deg F should not be a problem.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily make it the right chouce for an
incubator. You can buy 2 inch thick styrofoam sheets at HD for around
the same price as coroplast and many times the insulating value...