Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Update on Very NOISY Whirlpool Dehumidifier

Hi,

I think I have finally "tamed the beast". My latest technique (two boards
with long threaded rods, see below) is working! I have been using the
dehumidifier for the past two weeks since, and it is hard to believe the
dehumidifier noise level remains normal !

John

On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:10:38 -0400, you wrote:

Hi,

I did not list the different methods I tried, starting with different
weights on top, insuring that everything is "tight" inside, checking
the rubber mounts used by the compressor, different small carpets
for it to sit on, and many other techniques.

My latest attempt, I used two boards with holes near each end and
long threaded rods (with nuts, flat & lock washers) through the holes in order
to squeeze the sides (boards against sides) of the cabinet. So far (one day),
it seems to work, but other methods I tried in the past seemed to work, but
only for a while.

Since this cold spell hit us, the dehumidifier is turned off. I will have
to wait until warmer weather comes back before I use it again. If this
latest technique works for at least two weeks, I will post an "update".

John

Original post, you wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Whirlpool model AD50DSS2 dehumidifier. It is a very NOISY
(vibration noise) dehumidifier!

A service man came. He thought he fixed it, but later the NOISE was
back.

The dehumidifier's cabinet "amplifies" the compressor's vibration. A
call to Whirlpool was no help at all.

I am a ham radio operator and found out from other hams that I am not the
only one that has a NOISY Whirlpool dehumidifier.

I would like to hear from others with the same problem.

Thank You in Advance, John N3AOF

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address