Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing old garage door remote

Because, even though I've changed the remote code a couple of times, my
garage door has recently opened "by itself" several times, I bought a
Genie Intellicode replacement remote opener. I'm supposed to deactivate
the current radio. My current apparatus is combined Sears unit with a
button to open the door directly and a radio to respond to the remote. A
photo is at http://www.gavelcade.com/opener.jpg.

I'm supposing that the upper part, the part that's opened out in the
photo, is the radio. The pushbutton is underneath it. If I snip the two
red wires, will that deactivate the radio while leaving the pushbutton
operational?

Is there any reason why what I'm trying to do won't work?

Trouble with garage door remote stavros Home Repair 4 May 3rd 10 09:15 PM
Garage door remote GT90-1 vs. 912 [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 2nd 09 06:48 AM
Remote garage door openers Alan J B UK diy 4 April 29th 07 07:04 PM
Garage door remote Bill Home Repair 1 July 11th 06 12:02 AM
Garage Door Remote Robert11 Home Ownership 2 July 24th 05 07:18 PM