Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best material to cover garbage bin wheels

In our city, we have large bins for garbage and recycling. The bins
have hard plastic wheels. We recently replaced our asphalt driveway
with pavers. The pavers have a much rougher surface than the asphalt.
Now, when I walk the bins out to the curb, the hard plastic wheels
make a horrible racket.

I would like to wrap the wheels with a strip of rubber or something to
muffle the noise. I am planning to go to the local hardware store and
look for a suitable material, but thought I would first ask if anyone
has done this beforfe or has any suggestions for,

a. The right material to use, and

b. The best way to attach it to the wheels.

There is about an inch of clearance in the wheel housing.