Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default How do I get rid of a bird?

On Apr 29, 11:29*pm, "CWLee" wrote:
I goofed. *When I wrote my previous message, using the term
"milk carton" I should have said "milk crate" as far as
Southern California common usage is concerned. *Sorry.

Ignore my previous post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

CWLee wrote:

"mike" wrote:

don't think lowes has pipe that big.
http://ventmastersstore.com/shop/images/RV51brown.JPG

Yes, I see your point. My faulty assumption that your vents were like
mine. My vents are all circular pipes under 4" in diameter, sticking up
less than 12" above the roof.

Here is my revised recommendation: Acquire (yard sale, friendly grocery
clerk, etc.) what is called, around here, a "milk carton". Typically
they have inside dimensions of 14" in one direction, and perhaps as much
as 18" in the other direction. They stand about a foot tall. I believe
one of them, turned upside down, would cover your (pictured) vent. These
cartons have mesh-like sides and bottom, so air will flow freely. They
are sturdy, so you don't have to worry about them melting in the sun or
being crushed under snow. Around here they are even available in a
variety of colors, but most of them are black or gray.

That would probably work. Need six of 'em.
But I still like the sound-activated stun gun...
peck...BZZZZT...Thud...

The little pecker must read newsgroups. Hasn't been around in a couple
of days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mike" wrote

The little pecker must read newsgroups. Hasn't been
around in a couple of days.

That's true. See alt.birds.alerts.hostilehomeowners :-)