Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Termite treatment

I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals to
use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different formulations.

I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment -- but
I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bitzer wrote:
I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals
to use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different
formulations.
I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment --
but I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?

Look on Ebay for products containing "Termidor."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Bitzer
wrote:

I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals to
use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different formulations.

I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment -- but
I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?

"Termite Prufe" At your local big box or:

http://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Brite-1.../dp/B002ITSKJO
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 23, 12:21*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article , Bitzer
wrote:

I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals to
use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different formulations.

I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment -- but
I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?

"Termite Prufe" At your local big box or:

http://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Brite-1.../dp/B002ITSKJO

not familiar with termite prufe but termidor is great stuff. Its the
only thing you will need to take care of all your bug problem for
about the next 10 years

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 23, 7:54*am, Bitzer wrote:
I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals to
use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different formulations.

I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment -- but
I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?

I used Spectracide Baits to get rid of my termites, about 120$ vs 1200
for a pros " baits"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 23, 8:54*am, Bitzer wrote:
I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals to
use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different formulations.

I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment -- but
I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?

Talstar One or Tempo WP or SC. eBay has the best prices IME.

Do a "barrier" treatment 3 or 4 times a year and you won't have to
worry about much other than pharaoh and fire ants (I think you got 'em
down there).

Foundation, sills, eaves, etc., inside and out wherever practical.
Spray a foot high up the wall and 6" on the ground. Both materials
stick pretty good through rains.

If you got the dough (~$250) a Birchmeier backpack is the only way to
fly. Tough as nails, all moving parts are completely rebuildable, you
can include it in your will.

I prefer the model that accepts 2.5 gallon F-style jugs because I
switch materials from insecticide, to Roundup, to broad leaf weed
killers, etc.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

*+-I used Spectracide Baits to get rid of my termites, about 120$ vs 1200
*+-for a pros " baits"

I believe they are the same compound from the same manufacturer.

It's been a while and for me to say I'm certain is dangerous.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

I've gotten all my stuff and for the best price at www.cooperseeds.com

They don't carry Termidor but they do carry Talstar, Cypermethrin, and
several others that are professional strength that control terminates.

For my house I put Cypermethrin under the foundation (before the slab was
poured) and trenched around the house with Termidor. This is in South Texas
where subterranean termites are everywhere. I also treated the bottom 2' of
my lumber with TimBOR which is boric acid. Lab tests showed that terminates
would not even crawl over TimBor treated limber let alone try to eat it. if
you have exposed lumber that does not get rained on directly Timbor is a
good thing to apply. Its a one time application.

7 years with this setup and no problems.

I also use cypermethrin (Cyper, Cynoff, or Deamon WP) around the foundation
and in the brick weep holes in by brick as a general pesticide quarterly.
No problems save an occasional dead spider that ran into the house after
that cyper started attacking him.

Doing this gives me a chance to look for mud tubes on the slab as well.