Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Termite treatment

On Apr 23, 8:54*am, Bitzer wrote:
I don't have any termites in my frame house in north Georgia and it's
been a few years since my last professional treatment. I was thinking
about doing some DIY termite treatment but am not sure what chemicals to
use. Lowe's and HD offer a variety of brands with different formulations.

I know it would be better to pay a company to do a pro treatment -- but
I just can't afford it this year. Any suggestions?

Talstar One or Tempo WP or SC. eBay has the best prices IME.

Do a "barrier" treatment 3 or 4 times a year and you won't have to
worry about much other than pharaoh and fire ants (I think you got 'em
down there).

Foundation, sills, eaves, etc., inside and out wherever practical.
Spray a foot high up the wall and 6" on the ground. Both materials
stick pretty good through rains.

If you got the dough (~$250) a Birchmeier backpack is the only way to
fly. Tough as nails, all moving parts are completely rebuildable, you
can include it in your will.

I prefer the model that accepts 2.5 gallon F-style jugs because I
switch materials from insecticide, to Roundup, to broad leaf weed
killers, etc.
-----

- gpsman