Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacing main shutoff valve on incoming house water line

Will a Home Depot propane Bernzomatic produce enough heat to remove a 3/4 sleeve
copper fitting (my main shutoff valve) ?

Have verified the lines are copper and purchased a pressure collar type fitting for
replacement shutoff valve

Picture of line and new replacement part at http://i41.tinypic.com/33jjo8i.jpg

Need to produce enough heat to be able to remove the old collars off the main pipe