Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strange CFL

One of the CFL light s in my bathroom was out so when I touched it it
came on for a moment. Figured it may be loose in the socket so I
screwed it out and back in and it worked for a minute or two and went
back out. OK enough of this, time to get a new lamp so I take it out
and while Im walking to the laundry room to get a new CFL the thing
lights up in my hand for just a flash. Being an electronic tech I
understand that there is probably a capacitor charged up inside
combined with a loose connection but that line of reasoning didnt
click in as fast as tossing it across the room to get rid of it. I was
wondering if anyone else has experienced a bulb lighting while out of
the socket.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:
One of the CFL light s in my bathroom was out so when I touched it it
came on for a moment. Figured it may be loose in the socket so I
screwed it out and back in and it worked for a minute or two and went
back out. OK enough of this, time to get a new lamp so I take it out
and while Im walking to the laundry room to get a new CFL the thing
lights up in my hand for just a flash. Being an electronic tech I
understand that there is probably a capacitor charged up inside
combined with a loose connection but that line of reasoning didnt
click in as fast as tossing it across the room to get rid of it. I was
wondering if anyone else has experienced a bulb lighting while out of
the socket.

Jimmie

Must have produced a time paradox also. Are there any powerful
RF sources nearby? *snicker*

TDD

Strange CFL JIMMIE Home Repair 29 September 1st 10 01:56 PM
Strange Plastic Box lagman Home Repair 3 December 19th 07 04:04 PM
Strange PIR behaviour Roger Mills UK diy 8 December 17th 07 11:31 PM
More Than 20 Very Strange Tools javawizard Woodworking 0 October 4th 07 04:50 PM
Strange amp Sune T. B. Nielsen Electronics Repair 3 April 4th 05 10:38 AM