Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Strange CFL

One of the CFL light s in my bathroom was out so when I touched it it
came on for a moment. Figured it may be loose in the socket so I
screwed it out and back in and it worked for a minute or two and went
back out. OK enough of this, time to get a new lamp so I take it out
and while Im walking to the laundry room to get a new CFL the thing
lights up in my hand for just a flash. Being an electronic tech I
understand that there is probably a capacitor charged up inside
combined with a loose connection but that line of reasoning didnt
click in as fast as tossing it across the room to get rid of it. I was
wondering if anyone else has experienced a bulb lighting while out of
the socket.

Jimmie