Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Contact cement removal

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Posted to alt.home.repair

"desgnr" wrote in message

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

Is it small enough to cut out? I've been able to trim out large cigarette
burns (my drunk brother's) that I thought I'd never be able to get rid of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "desgnr" wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

First thing I'd try is naphtha.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 4/2/2010 9:37 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

In article , "desgnr"
wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

First thing I'd try is naphtha.

That's probably not going to do much. Try acetone (lacquer thinner)
instead.

Or Goof Off, in small yellow cans, sold at Home Depot (with all the glue and
epoxy). Seems to cut damn near anything.

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

netamerica...

wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

First thing I'd try is naphtha.

That's probably not going to do much. Try acetone (lacquer thinner)
instead.

Or Goof Off, in small yellow cans, sold at Home Depot (with all the glue
and epoxy). Seems to cut damn near anything.

Dave

If that don't do it nothing will.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:23:01 -0400, "desgnr"
wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

"Works On: Chewing Gum • Crayons • Pencil Marks • Stickers & Tape •
Salad Dressing • Bugs & Tar • Motor Oil • Lipstick • Candle Wax • &
More!"

http://www.liftoffinc.com/product-tape-remover.php

You might call the company and ask about " contact cement".

I've used this product before and it worked..

They are numbered 1-5

http://www.liftoffinc.com/index.php

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

First thing I'd try is naphtha.

That's probably not going to do much. Try acetone (lacquer thinner) instead.

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

First thing I'd try is naphtha.

That's probably not going to do much. Try acetone (lacquer thinner) instead.

Caution: before following the above advice, test in an inconspicuous area to
make sure it doesn't dissolve synthetic carpet fibers too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2010 5:35 PM Doug Miller spake thus:

wrote:

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet.
How can i remove it ?

First thing I'd try is naphtha.

That's probably not going to do much. Try acetone (lacquer thinner) instead.

Caution: before following the above advice, test in an inconspicuous area to
make sure it doesn't dissolve synthetic carpet fibers too.

Yes. And use with adequate ventilation (unless you *like* headaches).

- a Usenet "apology"