Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Odd size toilet

Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:
Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)?

yes

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)?

*I have seen toilets with a 10" rough-in.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 25, 7:42*pm, wrote:
* * * * Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)? *

Standard is 12", and 10" are commonly available by special order or a
plumbing supply house.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:06:00 -0500, dpb wrote:

wrote:
Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)?

yes

Thanks everyone. I stopped at my usuall supplier and the
person I spoke to did not have a clue aparently. They usally have
well infomrmed sales staff, therefor my question.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Joe" wrote in message
On Mar 25, 7:42 pm, wrote:
Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)?

Standard is 12", and 10" are commonly available by special order or a
plumbing supply house.

Older units up the WWII were 14". Toto makes some models that can be set to
a number of different setbacks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 12:42*am, wrote:
* * * * Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the
drain to the wall)? *

Some toilets are what we in the UK term "close coupled", ie the tank
sits right on top of the bowl. These are a pain in th bum if the soil
pipe is rising vertically out of the floor as they can only go in one
position & may leave a gap between the tank and the wall or
alternatively there may be not enough space.
The alternative is to get one where the tank is connected to the bowl
with a short pipe which can be cut off to suit (within limits that
is).
Another problem is if the pipe is horizontal, it may be at the wrong
height for the toilet. There are eccentric connectors to overcome
this problem if the difference is not too great.