Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sorta OT power question for you world travelers

My Dell laptop power supply says that it will work on 100-240V, 50 or 60
Hz. Wikipedia sez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

that Japanese receptacles, despite having 100V, 50Hz power are
essentially identical to a NEMA 1-15. However, both "bricks" that I have
use a 3-wire cord instead of a 2-wire like every other laptop I've
had/used, and it's not clear to me if a grounding type Japanese JIS C
8303 recep is the same as a NEMA 5-15 or just "similar," or even if they
are particularly common.

Do I need to pack some kind of adapter plug thing? Or should I just get
a cheater plug and carry that?

Obviously, I have never been to Japan before...

thanks

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.