Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet wrinkles

We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the carpeting
in the living room went from normally taught to having wrinkles - some of
these get to about an inch above the wood substrate.

What's the best way to correct this?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

"John D99" wrote in message
m...
We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the
carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having
wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood substrate.

What's the best way to correct this?

Best way to remedy that would be to go rent a carpet kicker and rekick
your carpet...here is one in action he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOr9R_6iTE

Hope that helps... Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 22, 4:31*pm, "Jim" nospam@wherever wrote:
"John D99" wrote in message

m...

We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the
carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having
wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood substrate.

What's the best way to correct this?

* * Best way to remedy that would be to go rent a carpet kicker and rekick
your carpet...here is one in action he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOr9R_6iTE

snip

Some types of carpet weave will not resist tensioning. A knowledgeable
carpet store could offer more insights on the quality/performance/
price tradeoffs. My bet is that you are stuck with a 'builder grade'
carpet that will soon need replacing.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

John D99 wrote:
We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the
carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having
wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood
substrate.
What's the best way to correct this?

As one poster said, buy a carpet kicker. Here's one for $20
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=2692

And watch a video on it's use.

Plan on replacing the worn-out carpet with laminate sometime in the next
year or so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John D99" wrote in message
m...
We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the
carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having
wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood substrate.

What's the best way to correct this?

Carpet kicker, or if real bad, carpet stretcher.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stepfann King" wrote in message
"John D99" wrote in
m:

We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the
carpeting in the living room went from normally taught to having
wrinkles - some of these get to about an inch above the wood
substrate.

What's the best way to correct this?

Must have been a crap install.

Are you psychic? You know this without being there and seeing it?

or psychotic? You THINK you know this without being there and seeing it?

There's a difference.

Steve

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 22, 5:16*pm, "John D99" wrote:
We bought this house about 7 years ago, and after a few years the carpeting
in the living room went from normally taught to having wrinkles - some of
these get to about an inch above the wood substrate.

What's the best way to correct this?

Carpet stretcher. You'll probably need to cut a little off one side
when you do this.

Otherwise the bandage in Joie's gardner might comb some noisy wrinkles. Brian Henderson Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 07:10 AM
Jessica, under wrinkles lean and bizarre, jumps beside it, attempting smartly. Robert Haar Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 01:20 AM
No wrinkles stupidly answer the deep hallway. Brian Henderson Woodworking 0 May 15th 06 08:48 PM
Drywall wrinkles? Airkings Home Repair 2 March 12th 06 12:34 AM
paint wrinkles - why? zz Woodworking 4 July 14th 05 01:39 AM