Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default wall of green

i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford me
a bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that i can
plant closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness? not sure of
my growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i want to plant in
is more shady than not.
thanks, cj
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 2:33*pm, cj wrote:
i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford me
a bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that i can
plant closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness? not sure of
my growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i want to plant in
is more shady than not.
thanks, cj

Look up English Laurel or many of the Cypress varieties.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"cj" wrote in message
i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford me a
bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that i can plant
closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness? not sure of my
growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i want to plant in is
more shady than not.
thanks, cj

go to your local plant store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:33:46 -0400, cj wrote:

i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford me
a bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that i can
plant closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness? not sure of
my growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i want to plant in
is more shady than not.
thanks, cj

Arborvita, there are dwarf varieties. Personally, these do not look
good after they are trimmed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

RosemontCrest wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, cj wrote:
i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford
me a bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that
i can plant closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness?
not sure of my growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i
want to plant in is more shady than not.
thanks, cj

Look up English Laurel or many of the Cypress varieties.

That laurel can be very high maintainence over time. It grows FAST.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 5:36*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
RosemontCrest wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, cj wrote:
i am thinking about planting some hedges/evergreens that will afford
me a bit of privacy.can anyone suggest a fast growing evergreen that
i can plant closely together and that can be trimmed for neatness?
not sure of my growing zone but i live in s.e. michigan. the area i
want to plant in is more shady than not.
thanks, cj

Look up English Laurel or many of the Cypress varieties.

That laurel can be very high maintainence over time. It grows FAST.

I agree that Laurel can be a _maintenance_ nightmare, but the OP
specifically asked for "fast growing" plants. I have a rental property
with a Laurel hedge in front. The tenants trim it a couple of times
per year. Every several years I take it down to the ground with a
chainsaw. It's well established and always grows back, but I'm almost
to the point of replacing it with some slower growing variety of
Cypress or Yew, or perhaps Boxwood which grows much slower.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 8:03*pm, RosemontCrest wrote:
On Mar 19, 5:36*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

RosemontCrest wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, cj wrote:
[...]

The OP could slao go to a garden group like rec.gardens