Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage sale tools and stuff

Popular Mechanics article on what to buy, what to skip, pitfalls and
profits.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4349028.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Mar 15, 10:02*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Popular Mechanics article on what to buy, what to skip, pitfalls and
profits.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4349028.html

avoid power tools? i've picked up several good name-brand corded
drills that needed only minor repairs. I think I paid $5 for a good
corded Makita that only needed a new cord - and I happened to have an
extension cord with a bad socket end laying around.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 16, 2:57*pm, N8N wrote:
On Mar 15, 10:02*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Popular Mechanics article on what to buy, what to skip, pitfalls and
profits.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4349028.html

avoid power tools? *i've picked up several good name-brand corded
drills that needed only minor repairs. *I think I paid $5 for a good
corded Makita that only needed a new cord - and I happened to have an
extension cord with a bad socket end laying around.

nate

I picked up a Craftsman worm drive circular saw for $10, need new cord
and brushes. That was 30 years ago and I am still using it. Did
equally well on an industrial plunge router that just needed a piece
of plastic glued back together. Plastic didnt really effect operation.
When you are paying pennies on the dollar its worth the chance.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
N8N typed:
On Mar 15, 10:02 pm, "HeyBub"
wrote:
Popular Mechanics article on what to buy, what to skip,
pitfalls and profits.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4349028.html

avoid power tools? i've picked up several good name-brand
corded drills that needed only minor repairs. I think I
paid $5 for a good corded Makita that only needed a new
cord - and I happened to have an extension cord with a bad
socket end laying around.

nate

I've picked up lots of good tools, usually with nothing wrong with them, in
fact. You simply have to watch out and know what you're buying is all. I
once picked up a 30 gallon compressor for $20; everything included but the
motor. Had a 1 HP motor; it was good enough for what I needed!

HTH,

Twayne`

--
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with

Posted to alt.home.repair

Twayne wrote:
In
,
N8N typed:
On Mar 15, 10:02 pm, "HeyBub"
wrote:
Popular Mechanics article on what to buy, what to skip,
pitfalls and profits.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/4349028.html

avoid power tools? i've picked up several good name-brand
corded drills that needed only minor repairs. I think I
paid $5 for a good corded Makita that only needed a new
cord - and I happened to have an extension cord with a bad
socket end laying around.

nate

I've picked up lots of good tools, usually with nothing wrong with
them, in fact. You simply have to watch out and know what you're
buying is all. I once picked up a 30 gallon compressor for $20;
everything included but the motor. Had a 1 HP motor; it was good
enough for what I needed!

The best thing is those old fashioned tools that you can't find new anymore.
I've got a nail puller that works better than any modern one I've seen. $1 at a
yard sale.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/17/2010 08:13 PM, Bob F wrote:
Twayne wrote:
In
,
typed:
On Mar 15, 10:02 pm,
wrote:
[...]

There's that two. I've been *given* two braces and one set of bits.
Don't use 'em very often, but when you're running electric cables and
there's no electricity (because you're installing it) it beats the hell
of scrounging all your extension cords etc.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel