Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Steam mop?

I guess this is more home maintenance than repair, but I thought
probably some of you have experience in this realm. I've been trying
out steam mops, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm expecting too much
or just getting a bad luck of the draw.

I started with the Shark steam mop, which I thought was just this side
of worthless. Friends advised me that the problem was that I'd chosen
a gutless model, and that I needed to move up to a better one.

So, I got a Gruene 2-in-1 steam mop, which has all kinds of bells and
whistles, but doesn't seem to do much better at cleaning. I would say
it cleans about as well as any damp mop, whether a run of the mill
sponge map dampened with hot water, a Swiffer Wet Jet, or whatever.

All of the ads seem to show them magically lifting away dirt and grime
that nothing else could touch. Have I just been suckered? Is this
really all the better they perform? Or have I possibly just chosen
two lemons in a row?

Thanks in advance,
Jo Ann

How do I get the steam for a steam-pipe? [email protected] Woodworking 10 February 19th 08 06:42 PM
Anyone steam bending? [email protected] Woodworking 6 March 13th 07 01:11 PM
Steam MikeMandaville Metalworking 39 May 26th 06 05:30 AM
Steam Engine Valve Gear driven by Steam Pressure? [email protected] Metalworking 25 September 2nd 05 05:16 PM
Let's talk steam Robert Swinney Metalworking 31 September 15th 04 10:00 AM