Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interior remodeling questions w/pics

I'm putting in a double door in my den's entry way. There are a couple of
walls I need to put in that will not flush with the existing walls. I'd like
to make them easy to take out if we, or another owner, decides to return to
the original design.

Would there be any problem with caulking the new corners as opposed to
taping and texturing? That way I could avoid matching the patterns on the
existing walls and avoid the mess of texturing existing walls. What I'd
prefer doing is caulking in the corners with latex caulk, prime it, and
spray texture over the caulk.

Also I have to move a light switch (the thing I'm most nervous about). I can
access it, from behind, through the pantry. What's the easiest way to move
the switch without making a mess?

Where the double door is going:
www.safaricabs.com/open.jpg

Where I put up wallboard last night in the small opening.
www.safaricabs.com/opening.jpg

The switch I need to move to the left to avoid the new wall: (There is a
pantry directly behind it)
www.safaricabs.com/switch.jpg

Any comments appreciated.

Jim