Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stihl MS200T stalling on idle after running

I have a Stihl ms200t chainsaw that keeps on trying to sputter out
after doing a cut. If I pulse the throttle I can usually get it back
to life but I need to hold it at high revs for a while, or else it
will stall. What should I look for to fix this problem? Gas is fresh
and air filter is clean. Saw is not too old.

Cheers

Dean
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 8, 1:56�am, dean wrote:
I have a Stihl ms200t chainsaw that keeps on trying to sputter out
after doing a cut. If I pulse the throttle I can usually get it back
to life but I need to hold it at high revs for a while, or else it
will stall. What should I look for to fix this problem? Gas is fresh
and air filter is clean. Saw is not too old.

Cheers

Dean

If it were mine I would first change the plug and make sure all the
screws that hold everything together are tight and no air leaks and
the gas cap is allowing air to enter the tank. I have seen a few with
loose fittings and even the bolts/screws that hold the jug on were
loose and leaking around the base. If that don't fix it, try adjusting
the idle and air/fuel mixture. You can try adjusting first, but that
usually is a waste of time if it hasn't been screwed with before.

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 03:44:38 -0800 (PST), "Hustlin' Hank"
wrote:

On Mar 8, 1:56?am, dean wrote:
[...]

Carbon clogged muffler?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 8, 6:44*am, "Hustlin' Hank" wrote:
On Mar 8, 1:56 am, dean wrote:

[...]

Thanks, will do. How can I tell if the tank is breathing?
I checked the muffler screen (it was actually tough to find that one,
lol) and it was clear.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 8, 12:56*am, dean wrote:
I have a Stihl ms200t chainsaw that keeps on trying to sputter out
after doing a cut. If I pulse the throttle I can usually get it back
to life but I need to hold it at high revs for a while, or else it
will stall. What should I look for to fix this problem? Gas is fresh
and air filter is clean. Saw is not too old.

Cheers

Dean

Take it to a repair shop. The problem likely is the pricey little fuel
hose assemblies. I suffered with that on a MS 180 from day one. After
2 years finally gave it away to a friend with real talent for dealing
with stubborn chainsaws and he was finally able to revive it after $$
and time. Replaced it with an electric which never fails to run. First
Stihl I had lasted 12 years. The MS 180 was the last one I will ever
buy.

Joe