Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For those people using OE to read newsgroups

Twayne wrote:
In ,
Jon Danniken typed:
If you find that your newsreader (OE) doesn't properly quote some
messages (especially those from google groups), there is a freeware
fix called "oe quotefix".

I have been using this for over a year now, with no problems
whatsoever.
Jon

p.s. No affiliation with the software or it's author, other than
being a happy end user.

OE QuoteFix is, AFAIK, the only thing available that's half-fast
reliable and works consistantly. The two best sources for it a
http://www.insideoe.com/resources/tools.htm
or
http://majorgeeks.com/OE-QuoteFix_d4029.html

Both sites are safe & reliable, no covert probing, data collection
etc..
For groups, it'll put your cursor at the bottom and your sig a the
botton, or you can change it if you wish. It does nothing to change
OE; it just sits on top of it and "fixes" some of the problems left
in OE 5 & 6. You can use OE with or without it by pressing a key or
using the other icon. It's not perfect and was abandoned years ago
by its author, but it's functional and does what it says it'll do.

I'd highly recommend it if OE is your client of choice.

I wonder if it works with Microsoft "Mail" in Vista?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
Twayne wrote:
[...]

I seriously doubt it would. For one thing, OE is going to be hard coded into
it because it's an OE specific program.

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/2/2010 8:43 PM, Bob F wrote:
Jon typed:
If you find that your newsreader (OE) doesn't properly quote some
messages (especially those from google groups), there is a freeware
fix called "oe quotefix".

I have been using this for over a year now, with no problems
whatsoever.

Back in the day when I used Outlook Express, I also used Quotefix with
good results. As for affiliation with the authors of the software, it's
freeware, so it can't make any difference.

Don't know them myself either.

As far as I know, there are versions available for Outlook and Outlook
Express, but that's it.

Jay