Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sprayer exploded

I had mildew on the side of a concrete block house and decided to do a
little cleaning. Grabbed up my trusty plastic-body 1 gallon sprayer and
filled it full of a bleach solution. I had about 6 or so strokes on the
pressure pump handle when there was a "pop" noise and the plastic body
split. Bleach solution was thrown on my clothes and a few drops on my face.

So ..... from then on, I put my new sprayer in a plastic garbage bag before
pressurizing. Considering the types of fluids being sprayed, I figure I
sure don't want to take any more chances.

Just a heads-up .... be careful out there folks ......