Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to mortar a whirlpool tub?

On Feb 17, 2:08*pm, Mikepier wrote:
It does not say anything at all about how to accomplish the mortar
issue. It does say you need it. Looking at it, the actual tub 'target'
area is much less than the overall base area, so perhaps a sizable
mound of mortar is all I need to do....

I have already run a separate 15 amp circuit from the panel with a
separate ground for the motor assembly directly from the panel. 15
amps is what that motor calls for. I did run 12 gauge wire though
because the run is about 30 feet and it is a motor draw, but breakers
and GFI's are 15 amp as called for.- Hide quoted text -

If you ran 12 gauge, you should use a 20A breaker . Why not just put
in a GFI breaker. It's not that much more than an outlet. How did you
get $100?

mmm - the motor is rated for 15 amps calling for a 15 amp circuit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 4:23*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 17, 2:08*pm, Mikepier wrote:

It does not say anything at all about how to accomplish the mortar
issue. It does say you need it. Looking at it, the actual tub 'target'
area is much less than the overall base area, so perhaps a sizable
mound of mortar is all I need to do....

I have already run a separate 15 amp circuit from the panel with a
separate ground for the motor assembly directly from the panel. 15
amps is what that motor calls for. I did run 12 gauge wire though
because the run is about 30 feet and it is a motor draw, but breakers
and GFI's are 15 amp as called for.- Hide quoted text -

If you ran 12 gauge, you should use a 20A breaker . Why not just put
in a GFI breaker. It's not that much more than an outlet. How did you
get $100?

mmm - the motor is rated for 15 amps calling for a 15 amp circuit.

Duh! Dummy me - I strung a 20 amp cable, and I have a 20 amp 240v GFI
from an old hot tub installation. I should just be able to use one
phase of that for my circuit! If I have a 20 amp circuit, whether I am
running a light bulb or a 15 amp device off it is irrelevant, as long
as I do not exceed the limit of that circuit. (smacking forehead...!).
One problem down ....
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Feb 17, 4:23 pm, " wrote:
[...]

Does that really work? I would think that a 240 V GFI would look for different
currents in the two legs, causing it to trip. Will it really work with just one
leg used?

How to mortar a whirlpool tub? [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 17th 10 09:22 PM
How to mortar a whirlpool tub? [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 17th 10 09:21 PM
Mortar Mix John UK diy 4 May 13th 09 06:36 PM
New whirlpool tub: Part 1: Mortar support? MAG Home Repair 4 June 28th 04 06:14 PM
Mortar Mix BigWallop UK diy 12 July 5th 03 11:46 PM