Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conduit size - Doug was right

I replaced my breaker panel over the weekend and replaced the SE cable
with 2" conduit and 2/0 copper. I have a 2' run down from the meter
pan, then an LB, then a long sweep 90 into the panel. Sounds simple
right...?

The 2' straight run was easy with all three wires then came the bend
back into the LB...
Then push it through the long sweep...
Then down into the basement to work the ends around the main
disconnect and pull through...
Then back outside to get the bends right and push some more...
Back downstairs and tug some more...
Back up to get the bends right in the meter pan... (careful those top
lugs will fry you)
Now pull the slack down to the LB...
back to the basement...

Short story long, glad I went with the 2" conduit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
I replaced my breaker panel over the weekend and replaced the SE cable
with 2" conduit and 2/0 copper. I have a 2' run down from the meter
pan, then an LB, then a long sweep 90 into the panel. Sounds simple
right...?

The 2' straight run was easy with all three wires then came the bend
back into the LB...
Then push it through the long sweep...
Then down into the basement to work the ends around the main
disconnect and pull through...
Then back outside to get the bends right and push some more...
Back downstairs and tug some more...
Back up to get the bends right in the meter pan... (careful those top
lugs will fry you)
Now pull the slack down to the LB...
back to the basement...

Short story long, glad I went with the 2" conduit.

As a newb, I think we all make the mistake of using undersized conduits,
once. Depending upon the strand count of the particular wire you used, it
was probably enough work getting it into 2", anything smaller gets really
ugly

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
I replaced my breaker panel over the weekend and replaced the SE cable
with 2" conduit and 2/0 copper. I have a 2' run down from the meter
pan, then an LB, then a long sweep 90 into the panel. Sounds simple
right...?

The 2' straight run was easy with all three wires then came the bend
back into the LB...
Then push it through the long sweep...
Then down into the basement to work the ends around the main
disconnect and pull through...
Then back outside to get the bends right and push some more...
Back downstairs and tug some more...
Back up to get the bends right in the meter pan... (careful those top
lugs will fry you)
Now pull the slack down to the LB...
back to the basement...

Short story long, glad I went with the 2" conduit.

He usually is, now if he just had a pleasant attitude.

just joking.

Blocked Conduit - Need to See in 3/4" Conduit - Fibre optic Camera? Scott Townsend Home Repair 15 October 15th 06 06:35 PM
Hey Doug! Don Home Repair 8 December 6th 05 09:49 PM
Doug Fir an allergen? Duane Bozarth Woodworking 4 September 3rd 05 10:15 PM
Wire and conduit size Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 5 May 9th 05 01:58 PM
re Doug Miller dave Woodworking 4 January 5th 04 10:12 PM