Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default height requirements for outlets in garages

I am finishing my garage and rerunning my electrical outlets because
most of them were run and just nailed to the side of the top plates of
the walls. I'm assuming that a previouus owner installed them after
the garage was built. Unfortunately in order to put up drywall, I
need to have them ran above the top plates instead. Whoever installed
the outlet boxes put them at various heights around the garages. I'm
curious if there is a code height that dictates how high off the floor
they should be. My other question is regarding the fact that my
gargage floor is approx. 10" below my perimeter wall footings. The
exterior walls sit on the footing, so is the height requirement
distance based on how high above the floor, or the bottom of the wall,
which is 10" above the floor?

Rob

Height of Power Outlets and dual ccts ? ac1951 UK diy 8 October 28th 07 06:55 PM
End to End garages Furby UK diy 0 October 18th 07 06:53 PM
Height of kitchen counter outlets Mikepier Home Repair 5 September 29th 07 03:51 PM
Russian garages [email protected] Metalworking 13 August 13th 07 06:15 AM
Super Garages Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 2 July 29th 06 03:45 AM