Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hedge trimmer motor connections

I took apart an older model electric hedge trimmer to clean off some
rust. While putting it back together, a white wire appeared
disconnected and I can't see any obvious place where it should be
connected.

The connections I have are these:

1. Power cord;
2. in to trigger switch with two black wires coming out;
3. in to the mystery component (possibly a filter?) with two black
wires and one white wire coming out;
4. white wire seems to be cleanly soldered on the end, and I'm not
sure where it should go;
5. the two black wires go in to a second safety switch, which must
also be depressed for the motor to operate; outputs from this go to
the motor.

I believe the mystery component is a noise suppression filter. It
looks similar to this: http://www.elektro-kahlhorn.de/image...es/bv18000.jpg,
with input on the left, output on the right.

I appreciate any pointers on what is that white wire and where it
would often be connected. The end is quite straight and shows almost
no signs of use --- it looks quite pristine compared to the other
wires in the casing, and so I'm wondering if it was ever even
connected to anything.

Thanks much.
Regards,
James

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, my question exactly. It originates on the output side of (what I
think is) the noise suppression filter and I'm not sure where it
should be connected.

Thanks!
James

On Feb 14, 11:55*am, "Bill" wrote:
WHERE DOES the white wire go??????

"James D. Watson" wrote in ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

looks similar to this:http://www.elektro-kahlhorn.de/image...fo_images/bv18...,
with input on the left, output on the right.

I appreciate any pointers on what is that white wire and where it
would often be connected. *The end is quite straight and shows almost
no signs of use --- it looks quite pristine compared to the other
wires in the casing, and so I'm wondering if it was ever even
connected to anything.

Thanks much.
Regards,
James

How about a make, model, mfgr, age?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

"James D. Watson" wrote in message
Yes, my question exactly. It originates on the output side of (what I
think is) the noise suppression filter and I'm not sure where it
should be connected.

Does the motor have two wires going to it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

James D. Watson wrote:
[...]

Does the trimmer work without the wire being connected to anything? If so,
forget about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jdw jdw is offline

Hello all,

I posted the response, below, and two pictures, back on 15 February
but never saw the full thread posted back to Google Groups. I'm
reposting the text of my response in hopes that --- if the pictures
haven't made it through --- then perhaps this will at least help.

[begin post from 15 February]

Thanks for all of the helpful questions. I'm including two pictures
showing the innards (one in this post, the second in a following
post).

trimmer.0.jpg shows what I think is a noise suppression filter with
the white wire coming down at about "7:00" on the picture. Perhaps
you'll be able to see that two black wires coming from the [filter]
connect in to the (red) secondary switch.

trimmer.1.jpg shows the red secondary switch. The wires coming out of
that connect to the magnets, one of which you can see in this picture
at about "10:00" on the photo.

MikeB asked
Does the trigger have push-in connections for the wires. No, it
doesn't. (I realize trimmer.1.jpg is a bit blurry, and there are two
areas that look like they might actually be push-in connections, but
they are the screws holding together the two sides of the switch.

Bill asked
Does the motor have two wires going to it. Yes. There are only two
wires coming from the red switch, and each goes to one magnet.

HR(Bob) asked about make, model, manufacturer, and age. It is an AEG
HES 65, made (I think) by AEG-TELEFUNKEN; I've contacted the current
embodiment of their company to no avail. The only difference between
the one I have and the advertisement at the link below is a safety
guard between the blades and where the model's right hand is.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XjQ...age&q=&f=false

Age? I'm not sure. That Rotarian magazine advertisement is from June
1981, so I'm guessing it's around there. There are no digital
components in this.

Thanks very much, everyone.
Regards,
James

Hedge Trimmer F[_2_] UK diy 4 August 9th 09 09:37 PM
Help with Electric Hedge Trimmer Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Home Repair 6 March 5th 07 04:31 PM
hedge trimmer Tony Pacc Home Repair 8 June 15th 06 07:33 AM
Which Hedge Trimmer Deep Thought UK diy 14 May 1st 05 12:29 AM
Hedge trimmer D & J G Home Repair 0 April 30th 05 06:04 PM