Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hedge trimmer motor connections

On Feb 14, 10:28*am, "James D. Watson"
wrote:
I took apart an older model electric hedge trimmer to clean off some
rust. *While putting it back together, a white wire appeared
disconnected and I can't see any obvious place where it should be
connected.

The connections I have are these:

1. Power cord;
2. in to trigger switch with two black wires coming out;
3. in to the mystery component (possibly a filter?) with two black
wires and one white wire coming out;
4. white wire seems to be cleanly soldered on the end, and I'm not
sure where it should go;
5. the two black wires go in to a second safety switch, which must
also be depressed for the motor to operate; outputs from this go to
the motor.

I believe the mystery component is a noise suppression filter. *It
looks similar to this:http://www.elektro-kahlhorn.de/image...fo_images/bv18...,
with input on the left, output on the right.

I appreciate any pointers on what is that white wire and where it
would often be connected. *The end is quite straight and shows almost
no signs of use --- it looks quite pristine compared to the other
wires in the casing, and so I'm wondering if it was ever even
connected to anything.

Thanks much.
Regards,
James