Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Range problem

I have a Jenn-Air downdraft electric stove. I posted earlier asking about
the element arcing and blowing up (thanks for all the replies). I ordered
the replacement element but when I installed it, nothing. What could the
problem be now????

thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 9:31*pm, "edee_em" wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air downdraft electric stove. *I posted earlier asking about
the element arcing and blowing up (thanks for all the replies). *I ordered
the replacement element but when I installed it, nothing. *What could the
problem be now????

thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in...

Just the obvious. Have you checked the fuse?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 8:31*pm, "edee_em" wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air downdraft electric stove. *I posted earlier asking about
the element arcing and blowing up (thanks for all the replies). *I ordered
the replacement element but when I installed it, nothing. *What could the
problem be now????

thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in...

When it melted did it blow a fuse at that point, if it did from high
load maybe some wiring took a hit. I rewired mine after maybe the same
issue, its not hard
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 28, 8:31*pm, "edee_em" wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air downdraft electric stove. *I posted earlier asking about
the element arcing and blowing up (thanks for all the replies). *I ordered
the replacement element but when I installed it, nothing. *What could the
problem be now????

thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in...

Logic says that there is a problem upstream from the element plug-in.
Damage could have been done to wiring, switches, even connections in
the 240 V receptacle (house wiring). Cut the breaker off and do some
serious sleuthing. Use an Ohmmeter if you have one. If you don't,
Radio Shack in your city will have an inexpensive one that will work
fine for what you need to do. In particular, as any old time mechanic
will tell you, "never assume the new part you just got is any
good...make damned sure it is". In this case the ohmmeter would
confirm the part viability with a reading of 12-14 ohms or so. If you
can safely plug your meter into the element plug-in, do so and turn on
the breaker. Voltage? Confirms bad element. No voltage? Check for
input voltage at switch. Then check item by item down the line and the
fault should show up.
If procedures like this make you feel uneasy, call an appliance repair
shop.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 9:31 pm, "edee_em" wrote:

I have a Jenn-Air downdraft electric stove. I posted earlier asking about
the element arcing and blowing up (thanks for all the replies). I ordered
the replacement element but when I installed it, nothing. What could the
problem be now????

thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in...

Just the obvious. Have you checked the fuse?

Sorry, I meant circuit breaker.

Electric range problem Lou Home Repair 2 January 16th 07 11:02 PM
Electric Range Problem [email protected] Home Repair 6 October 10th 06 03:33 AM
Gas range problem barry martin Home Repair 1 November 29th 04 01:32 AM
Gas range problem Rich123 Home Repair 4 November 28th 04 12:54 PM
GE Range Spark problem Bruce Martin Home Repair 1 May 22nd 04 07:59 PM