Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another Dishwasher Question

The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the
sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the
dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher. It is
possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 26, 9:32*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the
sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the
dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher.. It is
possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so..

Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an
inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled,
a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low
pressure situation.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 9:32 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to
the
sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind
the
dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher.
It is
possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so.

Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an
inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled,
a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low
pressure situation.

Joe

Don'y worry about it...mine makes a 90 and goes thru the cabinet wall to the
drain...They all must I think...HTH...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/26/2010 11:08 PM, Joe wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:32 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the
sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the
dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher. It is
possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so.

Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an
inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled,
a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low
pressure situation.

Joe

You make is sound so easy!
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
On 1/26/2010 11:08 PM, Joe wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:32 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the
sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the
dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher. It is
possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so.

Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an
inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled,
a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low
pressure situation.

Joe

You make is sound so easy!

Plumbing is never easy, to me, anyway,
for an electrical guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 10:42*am, Art Todesco wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
On 1/26/2010 11:08 PM, Joe wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:32 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the
sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the
dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher. It is
possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so.
Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an
inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled,
a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low
pressure situation.

Joe

You make is sound so easy!

Plumbing is never easy, to me, anyway,
for an electrical guy.- Hide quoted text -

As a non-plumber and non-electrician I've always been surprised by the
variety of plumbing systems that the home owner must grapple with. The
occasional electrical repair uses a much more standardized approach
with its hardware. I believe this difference can be accounted for by
the fact that man has been using various form of plumbing since the
dawn of recorded history (say back to the Minoans or Byzantines) while
electrical technology probably began around the time of Ben Franklin.

Joe G

Dishwasher question Boden Home Repair 4 August 31st 08 04:57 PM
Dishwasher question Pat Evans Home Repair 7 January 15th 07 08:27 AM
Dishwasher Question [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 29th 06 03:59 PM
Dishwasher question Steve B Home Repair 6 September 14th 06 04:04 AM
Dishwasher question Craig Home Repair 7 September 19th 05 01:50 AM