Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tool Sale Tap Enterprises

Anyone bought tools from this traveling tool show? It looks like they
may have bought out Cummings tools. I still have to drywall my garage
and there is a drywall screw gun for 29.99 Also a drywall lift for
$199, (it says it was $349). Home despot has a drywall lift that costs
$144 a week to rent. I waited a little to long to ask here, the local
sale is 1/27/2010. Hopefully they will have a lift set up to see.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Tony wrote:
Anyone bought tools from this traveling tool show? It looks like they
may have bought out Cummings tools. I still have to drywall my garage
and there is a drywall screw gun for 29.99 Also a drywall lift for
$199, (it says it was $349). Home despot has a drywall lift that costs
$144 a week to rent. I waited a little to long to ask here, the local
sale is 1/27/2010. Hopefully they will have a lift set up to see.

No different than HF kinda' stuff w/o the place to take it back to...

Pays ya' money, takes ya' chances.

For simple stuff and/or one-time use probably get by. I've wondered
thru on several occasions; never bought anything--never looked like
_enough_ of a bargain for the happenstance w/o a specific need...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
On 01/26/2010 09:10 PM, Tony wrote:
Anyone bought tools from this traveling tool show? It looks like they
may have bought out Cummings tools. I still have to drywall my garage
and there is a drywall screw gun for 29.99 Also a drywall lift for
$199, (it says it was $349). Home despot has a drywall lift that costs
$144 a week to rent. I waited a little to long to ask here, the local
sale is 1/27/2010. Hopefully they will have a lift set up to see.

It that like Homier distributing?

I don't know? Never heard of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
Tony wrote:
Anyone bought tools from this traveling tool show? It looks like they
may have bought out Cummings tools. I still have to drywall my garage
and there is a drywall screw gun for 29.99 Also a drywall lift for
$199, (it says it was $349). Home despot has a drywall lift that
costs $144 a week to rent. I waited a little to long to ask here, the
local sale is 1/27/2010. Hopefully they will have a lift set up to see.

No different than HF kinda' stuff w/o the place to take it back to...

Pays ya' money, takes ya' chances.

For simple stuff and/or one-time use probably get by. I've wondered
thru on several occasions; never bought anything--never looked like
_enough_ of a bargain for the happenstance w/o a specific need...

Yes, it's probably about the same quality as HF but the prices are lower
yet. I figure if I can use it once then sell it for to 1/2 price I'll
be happy and ahead of the game as compared to renting since I can take
my good ol' time using the tools. If it's not too bad I may ask a
little more than 1/2 price when I sell it. The screw gun sounds
expensive for this kind of tool sale so I'll stop by Lows and see what
they have. Of course there are a bunch of little cheaper stuff I'll
have to check out. I'll go home and test the stuff right away before
the caravan packs up and leaves town.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Tony wrote:

... I'll go home and test the stuff right away before
the caravan packs up and leaves town.

Don't know about that; the sales slips I've seen here are all printed w/
"ALL SALES FINAL". I think your only recourse would be to make sure it
isn't DOA in the box at the register; once you leave the door likely
it'll be yours.

Only difference I'm aware of is that they have some factory refurb stuff
that does have a manufacturers' warranty but it's only provision is to
return to the manufacturer/authorized service center, not the road show.

You'll at least want to ask (and I'd get any verbal promise made put in
writing if you have any idea of having any chance at all of it being
honored). IOW, I would put zero credence in there being any "customer
service".

$0.02, etc., ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
Tony wrote:

... I'll go home and test the stuff right away before the caravan
packs up and leaves town.

Don't know about that; the sales slips I've seen here are all printed w/
"ALL SALES FINAL". I think your only recourse would be to make sure it
isn't DOA in the box at the register; once you leave the door likely
it'll be yours.

Only difference I'm aware of is that they have some factory refurb stuff
that does have a manufacturers' warranty but it's only provision is to
return to the manufacturer/authorized service center, not the road show.

You'll at least want to ask (and I'd get any verbal promise made put in
writing if you have any idea of having any chance at all of it being
honored). IOW, I would put zero credence in there being any "customer
service".

They have a 90 day guarantee/return on everything that doesn't have a
manufacturer's warranty. I witnessed a return while I was there. A guy
returned a 30 ton bottle jack ($199.99). Reason: He realized he only
needed a 3 ton jack!!!! I ended up buying the drywall lift at $199.99,
it seemed to be well made, maybe not for daily use but I don't need a
commercial model. I also bought the drywall screw gun, after looking at
the ones at Lowes where the cheapest one was over $100., I bought the
factory refurbished one with a factory warranty for $29.99. When I'm
finished with them I'll probably sell them to someone else doing a one
time job. I just realized HF has the exact same lift for the exact same
price through january. Oh well, if mine breaks I don't see anything on
it that I can't fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Tony wrote:
dpb wrote:

Don't know about that; the sales slips I've seen here are all printed
w/ "ALL SALES FINAL". ...

They have a 90 day guarantee/return on everything that doesn't have a
manufacturer's warranty. I witnessed a return while I was there. ...

That's clearly a different outfit w/ different mo than the one that
frequents this area, then...

Tool Sale HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 0 March 10th 09 01:51 AM
K & D Enterprises, Woodbridge, VA-- Stay Away! [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 25th 07 05:55 PM
K&D Enterprises in Woodbridge, VA-- Best Avoided... [email protected] Woodworking 0 November 24th 07 05:39 PM
Anyone know when HD has its 25% off tool sale? Climb14er Home Repair 1 November 1st 06 10:20 PM
E-Norm-ous Tool Sale Bob Schmall Woodworking 6 October 29th 04 10:09 AM