Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is this a Payne or a BDP gas air furnace/ac & how is it cleaned?

What kind of furnace do I have and where do I find a manual for how to
clean it?

The hot air gas furnace/ac only says "Payne" on the outside yet old service
paperwork says "BDP" with a long bunch of numbers after it.

Do you know how to tell what brand/model of furnace it is and where I might
find online the instructions for removing the blower to clean out the ac
coils and the heater jets?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:49:44 GMT, Mina O. wrote:

The hot air gas furnace/ac only says "Payne" on the outside yet old service
paperwork says "BDP" with a long bunch of numbers after it.

Does it look like this?
http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline...as_Furnace.pdf

It's a BDP (aka Carrier, Bryant, Day & Night, Payne) furnace.
http://www.hvacmechanic.com/forums/h...ages/17343.htm

Search on the respective companies' web sites.
Bryant: http://www.bryant.com/
Day & Night: http://www.dayandnighthvac.com/
Carrier: http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...as/index.shtml
Payne: http://www.payne.com/

Or call the manufacturer and ask for the maintenance procedure.
Bryant Furnaces: 800-428-4326
Day and Night Furnaces: 910-424-7676
Carrier Furnaces: 800-CARRIER
Payne Furnaces: 888-41PAYNE

The BDP Payne control boards are a known weak link.
http://www.icmcontrols.com/downloads/icm271_ag.pdf

This one says check/replace the furnace filters every 30 days.
http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr.../39379dp55.pdf

And, this quote tells you a bit about their combined company names:
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f20/age-day-and-night-3528/

"In 1945, Dresser Industries acquired Payne and Day & Night. Bryant was
already a part of Dresser Industries. In 1949, Payne, Day & Night, and
Bryant bought themselves out of Dresser Industries and formed Affiliated
Gas Equipment (AGE). Carrier purchased AGE in 1955 and then formed the BDP
Company in 1974 from Bryant, Day & Night, and Payne. United Technologies
bought Carrier in 1979 and Payne separated from BDP in 1996 to form Payne
Heating & Cooling but is still owned by Carrier. However, each company is
its own company, doing its own research and manufacturing except as might
be contracted with other companies. So Carrier doesn't really "manufacture"
Bryant, Payne, and Day & Night."

Payne Furnace LED Code indicator? scale Home Repair 7 June 8th 21 07:27 PM
Payne furnace 3point141592 Home Repair 8 February 6th 09 06:16 PM
Need help finding replacement combustion motor for Payne furnace [email protected] Home Repair 14 November 17th 08 04:55 AM
problem with Payne Plus 90 furnace tenplay Home Repair 5 April 3rd 07 11:32 PM
Pain furnace, er I mean Payne [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 26th 07 09:13 PM