Posted to alt.home.repair

Default drywall texture ID

What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 11:14*am, Smitty Two wrote:
What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

Orange peel.
http://homerepair.about.com/od/inter...r_tex_wall.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

Orange peel. It is blown on. You can rent the equipment or get small - but
expensive - pressurized cans at Home Depot/Lowes.

You can also get something similar by splattering it on...thin compound a
bit, dip coarse brush, whack against your hand. Effect varies with
thickness of compound and the distance of brush to wall.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 8:14*am, Smitty Two wrote:
What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

I would consider that a "light" or "very light" orange peel as opposed
to a "medium" or "heavy"

HD sells a small (smaller than a spray paint can) aerosol can made by
Homax(?)

I just used some the other day to match a patch.

The can comes with three colored dispenser straws; red, blue &
yellow.

Bigger hole means larger orange peel. You can further "adjust" the
look by pressing down on the finisg after about 20 minutes or so....it
will lay down flatter if you use your flatten hand (fingers) to press
it down.

You;re supposed to be able to knock it down with a drywall knife but
I've never had good luck. Maybe my SS knives are not flexible enough
or I didnt let it cure long enough.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
RicodJour wrote:

On Jan 14, 11:14*am, Smitty Two wrote:
What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

Orange peel.
http://homerepair.about.com/od/inter...pair/ss/repair tex wall.htm

cool, thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"dadiOH" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

Orange peel. It is blown on. You can rent the equipment or get small - but
expensive - pressurized cans at Home Depot/Lowes.

You can also get something similar by splattering it on...thin compound a
bit, dip coarse brush, whack against your hand. Effect varies with
thickness of compound and the distance of brush to wall.

All right then. I bought the spray can. I've got another couple of coats
of mud to put on first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

What I have done to match this is to crumple up a plastic grocery sack into
a ball and dip into a ( slightly diluted) dry wall mud. Then pat in on the
wall.
Worked for me. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default drywall texture ID (follow-up)

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/3t.jpg

Oh, yeah. Thanks to all. That spray can of orange peel may be expensive,
but it sure is sweet. I took it outside for some practice shooting and
the nozzle clogged after about 0.4 seconds, but once I got that taken
care of, it worked great. It may not be a dead-prefect match to what was
there, but it's the best-looking patchwork I've ever done. I'm going to
lightly hit the high spots with a sanding sponge to soften it just a
tad, and once I get a coat of paint on it I think I'll be happy.