Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NEC for dummies

Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I have
a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for residential
wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I have
a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for residential
wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Have you looked at the NEC Handbook?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote in message

The McGraw Hill 2008 NEC Handbook is not expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hill-Na...3229808&sr=8-1
or:
http://tinyurl.com/yfsdlrt

The above is not *the* NEC Handbook which is this...
http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?pid=70hb08

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill wrote the following:
"willshak" wrote in message

The McGraw Hill 2008 NEC Handbook is not expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hill-Na...3229808&sr=8-1
or:
http://tinyurl.com/yfsdlrt

The above is not *the* NEC Handbook which is this...
http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?pid=70hb08

I didn't say it was the 'official' NFPA NEC handbook
I said it was the 'McGraw-Hill' 2008 NEC Handbook.
But it is a handbook based on the National Electrical Code, never the less.
The OP is not an electrician and just wants to do some residential
electrical wiring to meet code.
Why spend 3x more for a professional electrician's bible?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I have
a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for residential
wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I have
a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for residential
wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Affirmative Action proof readers strike again.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I
have a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for
residential wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Affirmative Action proof readers strike again.

Why do you assume a racial component in this? Your bigotry is becoming
tiresome.

Uh, why do you assume "affirmative action" referred to has anything to do
with race?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 11, 11:16*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. *I
have a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for
residential wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Affirmative Action proof readers strike again.

Why do you assume a racial component in this? Your bigotry is becoming
tiresome.

Uh, why do you assume "affirmative action" referred to has anything to do
with race?- Hide quoted text -

Maybe because ""affirmative action" is defined as having to do with
race (and gender).

http://www.google.com/search?&q=defi...ative%20action
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I
have a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for
residential wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.

Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Affirmative Action proof readers strike again.

Why do you assume a racial component in this? Your bigotry is becoming
tiresome.

Uh, why do you assume "affirmative action" referred to has anything to do
with race?

Perhaps by its definition? Ya think?

Furthermore, this particular poster (Doofus) has a history of making racial
remarks in this group.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Limp Arbor wrote:
Any book recomendations for the current electrical code in NJ. I have
a lot of electrical work to do and need a reference for residential
wiring.

I need something in between the typical picture books sold at the
Borgs and a book with 3 phase power tables.
Here's a list of books that can be had what you call "cheap."

http://cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

Affirmative Action proof readers strike again.

Why do you assume a racial component in this? Your bigotry is becoming
tiresome.

Who said anything about race? What a maroon. I doubt you can define
racism. You assume that all dumb asses are persons of color, you're
the bigot.

TDD