Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grizzley Table Saw Jammed

I get the jammed noise followed by a cut-off of power.

Any suggestions on which steps to take first in tracing this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dwight wrote in
m:

I get the jammed noise followed by a cut-off of power.

Any suggestions on which steps to take first in tracing this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb

UNplug the saw.

then lift the table insert and check for debris/scraps around the
blade,check the belts and pulleys.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 8, 1:24*pm, Dwight wrote:
I get the jammed noise followed by a cut-off of power.

Any suggestions on which steps to take first in tracing this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb

Are you sure it is jammed and not a motor fault? My table saw did
something similar to this, I tried changing the capacitor, but no joy.
I pulled the motor apart and found points that controlled the start
windings. I filed those and was back up and running.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eric in North TX wrote:

On Jan 8, 1:24 pm, Dwight wrote:

I get the jammed noise followed by a cut-off of power.

Any suggestions on which steps to take first in tracing this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight Gibb

Are you sure it is jammed and not a motor fault? My table saw did
something similar to this, I tried changing the capacitor, but no joy.
I pulled the motor apart and found points that controlled the start
windings. I filed those and was back up and running.

Thanks v ery much for the ideas!