Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which color caulk?

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Almond

What say SWMBO ??? If it applies....If not , flip a coin if it doesn't
matter to you....White is probably cheaper....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news:7q5a0cF3nfU1
@mid.individual.net:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Whatever you use, put a dab on some scrap paper or something. Make sure it
skins in 30-45 minutes. Many have been burnt by the caulk that wont cure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Whatever you use, put a dab on some scrap paper or something. Make sure it
skins in 30-45 minutes. Many have been burnt by the caulk that wont cure.

My nerves are shot. I take meds that cause me to be so nervous that I
can hardly hold a fork sometimes. I did a terrible job the last time
I did some calking. I have seen a TV commercial where there is a
little squeegee like thing that makes the calking look very easy.
Anyone try one?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No , but I've often wondered about them myself...The finger gets a little
raw sometimes...LOL...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote in
news:7q5a0cF3nfU1 @mid.individual.net:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not
100% silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Whatever you use, put a dab on some scrap paper or something. Make
sure it skins in 30-45 minutes. Many have been burnt by the caulk
that wont cure.

They (GE) have a new (Si2) forumla out now for K/B. Stuff skins over
quickly; they say it's water ready in 3 hours (a bit too soon for me,
though).

I'm pretty sure it's in response to all of the complaints. It now has a
very slight acetic scent to it, so I'm guessing they juiced up the old Si2
forumla to help it flash more reliably.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not
100% silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Almond

That was kind of my idea too, Oren. Thanks for letting me know I'm not too
far out of my tree.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:54:49 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond, I think. It's easier to get a nice line against the bath than
against the tiles, so something that blends in with the tiles will look
neater.

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 31 2009, 9:54*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Just make sure it's mold resistant. If not, color won't matter because
it will look nasty in a few years. Odds are you'll wind up with
original GE silicone MR type in white. The acetic acid smell is
indicative of the curing process, and can be encouraged by presence of
moisture helping it to skin over quickly. Good luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Wassamatta? Any good DIY'er would simply stripe it.

Steve ';-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I bought one, but like you, my hands shake so bad that I kept dropping it.
A little duct tape fixed that, and they work reasonably well.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Just tape it. Takes time but always came out really good. Be sure to pull
the tape off ASAP. Once it starts to skin it will look like crap when you
pull the tape. Not like I do a whole bunch of it so what's a little taping
to get it really decent. OK so not so pro-ish. Never claimed to be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:54:49 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond, I think. It's easier to get a nice line against the bath than
against the tiles, so something that blends in with the tiles will
look neater.

Ah, thanks Jules, that makes good sense.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:44:46 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:54:49 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond, I think. It's easier to get a nice line against the bath than
against the tiles, so something that blends in with the tiles will
look neater.

Ah, thanks Jules, that makes good sense.

Jon

Yes. It makes the transition 'easy on the eyes'.