Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default Which color caulk?

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:28:22 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news:7q5a0cF3nfU1
:

White enamel tub, almond tile.

Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.

Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.

Or there's white caulk.

Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100%
silicone.

What say you?

Jon

Whatever you use, put a dab on some scrap paper or something. Make sure it
skins in 30-45 minutes. Many have been burnt by the caulk that wont cure.

My nerves are shot. I take meds that cause me to be so nervous that I
can hardly hold a fork sometimes. I did a terrible job the last time
I did some calking. I have seen a TV commercial where there is a
little squeegee like thing that makes the calking look very easy.
Anyone try one?

I bought one, but like you, my hands shake so bad that I kept dropping it.
A little duct tape fixed that, and they work reasonably well.

Steve