Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Losing his vanity plate

I wonder if this is more serious that kicking a 6 year old out of senior
housing in the other thread

http://www.kansas.com/news/story/1116664.html
Sullivan is losing his tag because there is at least one Kansan who has held
the SULLY tag longer than he has.

A new state law passed earlier this year is eliminating all duplicate vanity
plates, starting in 2010.

"They have those little county designators up there, but at 70 miles an
hour, you can't really tell which county a tag is from," said Carmen
Alldritt, director of vehicles for the Department of Revenue. "Kansas is one
of a handful of states that was allowing the capability of multiple
registrations of the same vanity plate."

Alldritt said there are around 85,000 vanity tags in Kansas, with around
33,000 duplicates. Letters were sent to every vanity plate holder, informing
them whether or not they will get to keep their tag.

Read mo http://www.kansas.com/news/story/111...#ixzz0bF5QPuOo
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 12:59*am, "Mr.Spock" wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote om:

Seems as tho Kansas govt. is stupid to issue dups to begin with.

Vanity tags, as far as I know, always cost more - think here it is
double regular tags.
Governments are greedy to make a buck where ever they can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote om:

Seems as tho Kansas govt. is stupid to issue dups to begin with.

Vanity tags, as far as I know, always cost more - think here it is
double regular tags.
Governments are greedy to make a buck where ever they can.

Are they at least giving the people their exta vanity plate fees back?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

.

I lost one of mine due to the new rule.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:59 am, "Mr.Spock" wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote
om:

Seems as tho Kansas govt. is stupid to issue dups to begin with.

Vanity tags, as far as I know, always cost more - think here it is
double regular tags.
Governments are greedy to make a buck where ever they can.

Greed? Provide an optional product or service for a fee?

I just wish states offered MORE optional services. And that they made an
obscene profit on each. I can imagine someone paying $50 extra for a license
plate that glowed in the dark.

I bet there are some people who would pay $1000/year for immunity from
overtime-at-a-meter parking tickets. Or the same amount for a life-time
hunting or fishing license.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Mr.Spock wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Seems as tho Kansas govt. is stupid to issue dups to begin with.

Actually weren't precisely duplicates as each has a County ID that makes
them distinct.

That wasn't enough for somebody...

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
Mr.Spock wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

Seems as tho Kansas govt. is stupid to issue dups to begin with.

Actually weren't precisely duplicates as each has a County ID that
makes them distinct.

That wasn't enough for somebody...

I'd have to wonder if you got caught speeding in NJ or PA or CT, if the
police would know to include the county when writing a ticket. It is a
state plate, not a county ID in most places. Seems like it was a dumb idea
years ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

CH Losing Pressure Bartc[_2_] UK diy 5 November 20th 08 11:50 PM
WE are losing it. Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 195 March 2nd 08 03:34 PM
Losing Power [email protected] Home Repair 16 December 22nd 05 07:54 AM
DPS losing the plot? John Stumbles UK diy 15 March 25th 05 09:27 PM