Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hydraulic Radiant Heat

I posted HVAC question recently. I met my architect today and I
brought up the question about heatng my new addition with radiant
heated floor and possibly baseboard radiator. I started looking for
radiant heat info online and could not find any complete information
about hydraulic system. I read about various parts (PEX tubing,
manifold, zone valves, etc.) However I still do not understand the
whole system and what connects to what in what order. Can someone
point me to where I can find this info? Also any useful book or other
info about installing hydraulic radian heat would be appreciated.

In addition I have a couple of general questions:

1. Can hydraulic radian heat under wood floors be the primary or the
only source of heating? My architect said No, it can only be used or
comfort, and need to be supplemented by other heat source.

2. Is there way to combine boiler used for radiant heating and for hot
water? My boiler is small and old and needs replacement anyway. If i
decide installing radiant heat in part of my house it would be the
best to use the same boiler.

3. Can wood floors survive heat underneath? I know wood is extremely
sensitive to temprerature.

4. How expensive hydraulic radian heat vs. standard forced air gas
furnace? I have electric radiant heat in my two bathrooms and kitchen
under tiled floor and it is very expensive to run.

5. Can the same boiler be used to heat baseboard radiators? My
architect said it is the cheapest way to heat th house.

6. Can hydraulic radian heat installation be DIY? Assuming there is
professional layout and calculations done, it seems to me at least
part of installation can be DIY.

Radiant Electric Heat, Inc wwps06d Woodworking 0 May 14th 08 03:16 AM
Infrared heat (radiant heat) for paint removal? Oren Home Repair 4 May 4th 07 09:39 PM
Radiant heat Mulan Home Repair 2 July 19th 06 02:12 AM
Radiant heat questions Vijay Home Repair 4 December 13th 05 05:48 PM
radiant heat? rosie Home Repair 4 December 22nd 03 11:02 PM