Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Has anyone used this Peel and Seal from Lowes Store, to re-roof ?

http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

36" wide x 33' long. Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an
inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which
is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and
sunlight ? Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. Sure would like to
see a roof completely finished in it. If youve used it , please
comment. Show a pic too. MANY thanks .
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 8:28*am, " wrote:
http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

36" wide x 33' long. * Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an
inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which
is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and
sunlight ? *Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. *Sure would like to
see a roof completely finished in it. *If youve used it , please
comment. Show a pic too. * MANY thanks .

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 8:50*am, " wrote:
On Dec 23, 8:28*am, " wrote:

http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

36" wide x 33' long. * Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an
inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which
is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and
sunlight ? *Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. *Sure would like to
see a roof completely finished in it. *If youve used it , please
comment. Show a pic too. * MANY thanks .

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

Is this for a final roof exposed, or is it a drip edge sealer used
along the lower edge of a roof beneath the shingles
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 1:46*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Dec 23, 8:50*am, " wrote:

On Dec 23, 8:28*am, " wrote:

http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

36" wide x 33' long. * Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an
inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which
is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and
sunlight ? *Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. *Sure would like to
see a roof completely finished in it. *If youve used it , pleasehe
comment. Show a pic too. * MANY thanks .

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

Is this for a final roof exposed, or is it a drip edge sealer used
along the lower edge of a roof beneath the shingles

Final roof exposed , as is the Peel and Seal product. On the
EternBond website it shows pics of it finished -- doesnt look bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 3:32*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 23, 1:46*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Dec 23, 8:50*am, " wrote:

On Dec 23, 8:28*am, " wrote:

http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

36" wide x 33' long. * Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an
inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which
is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and
sunlight ? *Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. *Sure would like to
see a roof completely finished in it. *If youve used it , pleasehe
comment. Show a pic too. * MANY thanks .

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

Is this for a final roof exposed, or is it a drip edge sealer used
along the lower edge of a roof beneath the shingles

Final roof exposed , as is the Peel and Seal product. *On the
EternBond website it shows pics of it finished -- doesnt look bad.- Hide quoted text -

Your local dealership might know of some other locals who have
purchased/installled the roofing. That's where I would start to look
for existing installations.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 4:01*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Dec 23, 3:32*pm, " wrote:

On Dec 23, 1:46*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Dec 23, 8:50*am, " wrote:

On Dec 23, 8:28*am, " wrote:

http://www.cofair.com/peel_seal.aspx

36" wide x 33' long. * Looking for a low cost way to re-roof an
inexpensive Mobile Home in northern FLorida. I see its Aluminum which
is good...but does it stick well and hold up good in extreme heat and
sunlight ? *Comes with a 10 year warranty I see. *Sure would like to
see a roof completely finished in it. *If youve used it , pleasehe
comment. Show a pic too. * MANY thanks .

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

Is this for a final roof exposed, or is it a drip edge sealer used
along the lower edge of a roof beneath the shingles

Final roof exposed , as is the Peel and Seal product. *On the
EternBond website it shows pics of it finished -- doesnt look bad.- Hide quoted text -

han - Show quoted text -

Your local dealership might know of some other locals who have
purchased/installled the roofing. *That's where I would start to look
for existing installations.- Hide quoted text -

Will do ! thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote

Also...has anyone re roofed using EternaBond product ?????

purchased/installled the roofing. That's where I would start to look
for existing installations.- Hide quoted text -

Will do ! thanks.

Let us know what you found out? I have no experience with the product but
am interested in it for a patch job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How much wind do you get ?
I would worry about it coming loose after time.

2 cents worth

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerry - OHIO wrote:
How much wind do you get ?
I would worry about it coming loose after time.

2 cents worth

Jerry

I believe EternaBond is EPDM which is widely used for flat roofs. One of
the target applications for EternaBond is RV roofs.

I didn't see much of much information at the peel & seal link. I suspect
it is also EPDM.

Some links I found a while ago on EPDM:
http://www.roofhelp.com/choices/epdm/
http://www.bestmaterials.com/EPDM-Roofing.aspx
http://www.bestmaterials.com/Eternabond.aspx
and other pages
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/ins...dm-rubber-roof

There are 3 ways to install it. A common one is to contact cement it to
the underlying surface. Wind shouldn't be a problem in that application.

--
bud--